Monday, January 2, 2023

Metamodern Poetry: A Discussion of My Book, Diaphysics

 In this interview, I discuss my book, Diaphysics*. While it's a work of philosophy, it's wide-ranging, and there is an extensive discussion of language. Since this blog is titled The Metamodern Poet, there will be a few discussions of that world view. After viewing this video, think about what these ideas might mean for poetry. How might different ways of thinking, different values, affect your poetry? My philosophical ideas may simply be a bunch of nonsense to you, and that's fine. I only hope it will stimulate thought, and if it gets a reaction of any kind, and if it stimulates the creation of poetry, then it will have done its job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Syllabics

 If you were to come across a ten-syllable lined poem, you would probably expect it to be iambic pentameter. And you would probably be right...